It is a great idea to explore the outdoors with someone close to you. However, you will need the best two-person sleeping bag if you are planning to stay there for a night or two.
Of course, choosing these two-person sleeping bags is a smart move. It is an excellent way of accommodating two individuals without being burdened by added weight and size. Consider that as a form of maximizing livability on the outdoors! The following double sleeping bags should be a right choice for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Two-Person Sleeping Bag Reviews
- 1.1 1. Exped MegaSleep Duo 25/40 Double Sleeping Bag – Editor’s Pick
- 1.2 2. TETON Sports Mammoth Queen-Size Double Sleeping Bag – Runner-Up
- 1.3 3. Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag – Budget-Friendly Pick
- 1.4 4. Big Agnes Cabin Creek 15 Double Sleeping Bag – Premium Pick
- 1.5 5. Kelty Tru.Comfort Doublewide 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
- 2 The Best Two-Person Sleeping Bag: How To Choose One
- 3 Specific Features To Look Out For The Best Couple Sleeping Bags
- 4 Essential Accessories For Two-Person Sleeping Bags
- 5 Conclusion
Best Two-Person Sleeping Bag Reviews
1. Exped MegaSleep Duo 25/40 Double Sleeping Bag – Editor’s Pick
- Flip the bag over based on weather conditions: Dark Blue side up will keep you warm down to 25°F; Light Blue side up keeps you warm down to 40°F
- Separate the top and bottom layers of the bag to create 2 single sleeping bags: 1 Dark Blue bag rated to 25°F, 1 Light Blue bag rated to 40°F
- Draft tube along full length of zipper stops heat loss and enhances warmth
- Central snap at head end reduces drafts when sleeping in couple configuration
- Use this sleeping bag with any sleeping pad; designed to fit perfectly on an Exped MegaMat Duo 10 (sold separately) for an at-home sleep experience while in the outdoors
The Exped MegaSleep Duo 25/40 Double Sleeping Bag is an excellent option for a two-person outdoor adventure. It offers a spacious sleeping space for two and gives enough comfort for its users.
The sleeping bag is made from a rugged polyester shell with durable water repellent (DWR). It delivers warmth, even if the condition is damp.
Meanwhile, the synthetic fill embedded inside the bag has a low-temperature rating of up to 30 degrees Fahrenheit, which means that it can remain cozy in breezy and cold evenings. Furthermore, it features offset quilt construction that eliminates cold spots while maintaining insulation.
With its dual two-way zipper design, you are allowed to unzip the foot sections of the sleeping bags separately. In this way, you can configure or adjust your ventilation without annoying your partner.
By separating its top and bottom, you can use this sleeping bag as a quilt.
- Comes with a 2-sided muffler on its top for optimal insulation
- Polyester exterior shell effectively deflects stain and moisture
- Customizable ventilation on its foot section
- Synthetic fabric is durable and works on damp conditions
- Plush-like interiors for a comfortable sleep
- Quite narrow for large-size users
2. TETON Sports Mammoth Queen-Size Double Sleeping Bag – Runner-Up
- COMFORTABLE FAMILY SLEEPING BAG: Soft lining; Zipper and shoulder draft tubes keep the warm air in; Unzips on each side and the bottom for easy access; Innovative fiber fill for warmth
- NEVER ROLL YOUR SLEEPING BAG AGAIN: TETON provides a great compression sack for stuffing your sleeping bag; Start at the bottom and stuff the bag in, then tighten the heavy-duty straps
- SIZE DOES MATTER: Double sleeping bag is longer and wider than queen-sized mattress; 94x62 inches (239x157 cm)
- SLEEP WARM: Fluff your sleeping bag and use a camp pad to sleep warmer; Hang loops for long-term storage to maintain maximum loft
- TETON SPORTS PROMISE: Reach out to our AMAZING product support team if you have any questions or concerns; YOU CAN COUNT ON US to get you taken care of and back OUTDOORS with TETON Sports
The TETON Sports Mammoth Double Sleeping Bag is definitely the right choice for large-bodied individuals. The queen-size construction of this unit is a guarantee that it can fit any adults, regardless of their girth and height.
It is defined to be one of the most comfortable two-person sleeping bags out there. It is equipped with a soft lining on its interior for utmost coziness. Moreover, there are draft tubes on its zipper and shoulders that prevent warm air from escaping.
By the way, you can unzip on both sides of the bag for quick access. Even its bottom part has a zipper that allows entry and exit.
The fiber fill of this sleeping bag is genuinely magnificent, too. It has an excellent insulating capability that works pretty well in cold conditions. Interestingly, it can work on damp conditions, too.
Meanwhile, the thermal enhancing and double-layer construction of the TETON Sports Mammoth ensures efficient heat regulation and retention. Cold spots are non-existent here!
- Fits virtually anyone
- Features a durable, water-resistant taffeta exterior shell
- Hollow fiber fill traps warm air to generate more warmth
- Excels in accessibility and comfort
- Comes with a stuff-sack for easier compression
- Zippers tend to snag
3. Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag – Budget-Friendly Pick
- SUPER WARM AND MOST COMFORTABLE! YOU WILL LOVE THIS SLEEPING BAG! Want to sleep comfortably, anywhere? No need to suffer with a cheap, cold, tight sleeping bag! This quality, portable bag is perfect. Super sturdy and extremely comfortable.
- THIS SUPER SOFT, HUGE, WARM & COMFY SLEEPING BAG FEATURES A LIFETIME WARRANTY! – Economically and practically efficient; With an impressive size of 87" X 59" This sleeping bag sleeps two adults in ample and comfort.
- FOR COLD CLIMATE CONDITIONS [32° Up] PERFECT FOR HIKING, CAMPING, TRAVELING & MORE! No tearing due to tight conditions, No shivering due to heat loss, very convenient to carry. You’ll wish you found this years ago, comes with 2 traveling pillows!
- CAN BE USED AS TWO INDIVIDUAL SLEEPING BAGS! -Designed to be used as one large queen size sleeping bag or as two individual sleeping bags. Imagine the memories you’ll make with this.
- TOUGH AND DURABLE OUTER SHELL, SOFT SILKY EXTREMELY COMFY INNER LINING! -The outer shell is made of super strong waterproof and camping grade polyester fabric, each square inch of fabric packs a 210 thread count, designed to last a lifetime in the most severe conditions, The inner lining is made of a textile combination of Tetron and Cotton for that awesome cozy feeling.
Are you looking for an affordable but high-quality two-person sleeping bag? The Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag can give that to you and your partner!
You see, this sleeping bag provides surprising levels of comfort and warmth even if it is an entry-level option. It can work on cold conditions, thanks to its low-temperature rating of 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Technically, you can use it on backpacking and hiking without even shivering.
This one is actually tailored as a large single-person sleeping bag. The manufacturer decided that it can be converted into two individual sleeping compartments because of its large dimensions.
The exterior of the Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag is sturdy and made to withstand severe punishments. Specifically, it is tailored from polyester fabric with sufficient water-repellent finish.
Meanwhile, its inner lining is a by-product of the innovative combination of cotton and Tetron. The resulting output is a plush-like interior that you and your partner will really love!
- Can be used a single- or double-person sleeping bag
- Provides a decent level of insulation
- Extremely comfortable and cozy interiors
- Surprisingly lightweight
- Downright affordable
- The pillows that come with this sleeping bag are quite small
4. Big Agnes Cabin Creek 15 Double Sleeping Bag – Premium Pick
- Insulated with Insotect Hotstream synthetic fibers, featuring 100% recycled material, which feels as warm and soft as down insulation
- Draping effect and a mini ripstop microfiber soft shell act like the comforter on your own bed for an even more comfortable snooze fest
- Use the top corner hand pockets to wrap the bag around your shoulders like you do with your comforter at home
- Double-wide design provides a roomy sleeping space without adding bulk
- Rectangular shaped bag with integrated full pad sleeve design
With its superb construction and efficient thermal management, there’s no wonder as to why the Big Agnes Cabin Creek 15 is one of the top choices for a double sleeping bag.
It has a double zipper design that allows entry from both sides without any problems. If you are going to unzip the bag, you can utilize the other side of the bag as a form of a comforter.
The proprietary FireLine ECO synthetic insulation is tailored from post-consumer recycled polyester. However, it has been engineered impressively to contain tightly woven fibers for added loft and compressibility. Let me tell you that the weight-to-warmth ratio of the insulation material guarantees that you and your partner will remain warm.
Aside from this feature, the Cabin Creek has zippers, wedge, and a center flap that are practically impervious to drafting. It is an extra assurance that the sleeping bag is capable of keeping the cold air out.
- Foot box has been configured to provide wiggling room for your feet
- Features a sturdy and water-resistant outer shell
- Interior offers a comfortable and plush-like surface
- Low-temperature rating is at 15 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a storage sack and stuff sack
- The bottom part has minimal insulation
5. Kelty Tru.Comfort Doublewide 20 Degree Sleeping Bag
- Loaded with FEATURES for two: independent ventilation, fully removable zip off top layer, two built in blankets, two way zip foot vents, oversized Hood large enough to fit 2 standard pillows from home.
- Cloud loft insulation: compressible, quick drying, and ultra-soft. Lightweight cloud loft fill provides warmth in three seasons under the stars with a comfortable price tag. The bag liner and shell are made from silky smooth 75D poly Taffeta.
- Wider than a queen side bed: room to snooze, or snuggle, 64 inches of shared shoulder space, 84 inches of total length. Go ahead, roll around in your sleep.
- Perfect for couples: no need for separate bags or blankets for Bae. Stay warm, get hot, and cool off in comfort and style.
- Family camping favorite: large enough to comfortably snuggle up with first time campers in the great outdoors without overheating mom or dad. Customized temperature options keep everyone cozy until your little one wakes up at the crack of dawn.
It would also be great if you are going to consider the Kelty Tru.Comfort Doublewide 20 Degree Sleeping Bag. This one is studded with features as well, including independent ventilation and built-in blankets.
However, its biggest perk is its cloud loft insulation. Aside from its warmth provision, it is compressible and dries quickly after being wet. I can attest to its softness, too.
Because the loft fill is light, carrying the sleeping bag is not a troublesome task. It works well in any backpacking and camping activities. Moreover, it can hurdle the standard three-season application with ease.
Both the exterior shell and liner of this sleeping bag are crafted from a 75-denier polyester taffeta. It is silky smooth but offers a suitable level or sturdiness.
The size of this sleeping bag is gauged to be wider than queen-size beds. Hence, it doesn’t have problems fitting two people comfortably.
- Features oversized hood that can fit two standard-size pillows
- Includes built-in blankets for added comfort
- Insulation has a cloud-like softness and lightness
- Top layer can be removed if ventilation is necessary
- Lightweight considering its size
- Cannot be packed compactly
The Best Two-Person Sleeping Bag: How To Choose One
Needless to say, being able to choose the right sleeping bag is essential. After all, you wouldn’t get something that would disappoint you once you get to your destination.
Of course, sleeping bags can define how comfortable your rest is while you are outside the premises of your home. Now that you are with your partner, you need to double your research as to the kind of specifications your sleeping bag should have.
Now, I have discussed a myriad of sleeping bags on this site. I already explained some of the essential factors to consider, especially if you are dealing with different temperatures, varying conditions, and applications.
For a couple sleeping bag, the considerations remain the same–except for a couple of things.
Whenever you are choosing a sleeping bag, you always have to be mindful of its shape. That’s the golden rule here that you cannot break. Otherwise, it is your comfort that will be jeopardized.
For couples and two-person applications, the right sleeping bag is a “double bag.” Just like its name suggests, a double bag is suited for the use of two individuals. Specifically, it works best when there are two people sleeping on it.
Double bags have enough space to zip two people conveniently.
An alternative to double bags is rectangular bags that can be attached as one. However, there is a need for the bags to be on the same brand and model for a guaranteed fit.
Interestingly, some bags out there can be zipped if one person picks a left-hand zip, and the other person has a right-hand zip. Hence, it is essential that you can check the design of the sleeping bags to see if they are capable of being zipped together.
Never ignore insulation even for a two-person sleeping bag, especially if you are expecting cold nights and frigid atmospheric conditions.
In the market today, there are two types of insulation being used for these sleeping bags: down fill and synthetic fill. It is easy to differentiate these two insulating materials.
Here are the characteristics of down insulation:
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Suits well in both cold and dry conditions
- Typically feature water-resistant application so that it won’t get ruined by water and moisture
- Can be compressed for quick packing; suitable for lightweight backpacking applications
- Durable; loft can be maintained for many years
Meanwhile, here are the key features of synthetic insulation:
- Downright cheaper than down fill
- Can provide continuous insulation even if it is wet
- Quick-drying capability
- Doesn’t have allergic components
When it comes to the down fill, one should know that there are ethical standards being followed. Keep in mind that every down insulation out there is made from organic materials, specifically from geese and ducks.
Now, top manufacturers are always making sure that their products are stained by any form of animal abuse. Of course, you have a way of guaranteeing such commitment. Sleeping bags that are labeled with TDS (global Traceable Down Standard) and RDS (Responsible Down Standard) are certified to be free from animal abuse.
Specific Features To Look Out For The Best Couple Sleeping Bags
The following features and components can be useful for partners who are looking for a double sleeping bag.
- Exterior shell – It is essential that the shell of the sleeping bag must have a rugged construction. This means that the material that should be used in its construction must either be nylon or polyester. Furthermore, the durable water repellent finish is also a critical component that helps protect the insulation embedded in the sleeping bag from being damp.
- Hood – The hood is also essential for sleepers. They should have a snug fit to ensure that your head and neck can feel appropriate levels of warmth. Most of the sleeping bags that have low-temperature ratings have hoods.
- Zipper – Couple sleeping bags have to be accessible. Leaving and entering should not be a problem. Otherwise, they would be too difficult to use. In choosing a two-person sleeping bag, it is ideal that you can get a unit with one more zipper slider. In this way, adjusting ventilation would be a lot easier.
Zippers should also have shields so that they won’t be able to snag the fabric of the sleeping bag.
- Stash pockets – While others see stash pockets as optional features, they are still downright useful. You see, an ergonomic sleeping bag should give you utter convenience. A stack pocket allows you to store small valuables without the need to get out of the bag from tie to time.
Essential Accessories For Two-Person Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping bag liner – Enjoy your couple’s night out with a sleeping bag liner. This one is a material that you slip inside the bag to make it cleaner and warmer.
- Stuff sack – A stuff sack is a vital component, even for two-person sleeping bags. It functions as a compressible stash for your sleeping bag whenever you are going to stow it to your car.
- Storage sack – Aside from the stuff sack, it is essential that you have a storage sack as well. Keep in mind that stuff sacks are not for permanent storage. If you put a sleeping bag in a stuff sack for an extended period, its insulation would get damaged.
Camping out with your close friend, family member, or loved one is a great idea. Outdoor adventures will always be an excellent form of bonding, to begin with. You just need the right amenities to keep your journey comfortable and safe.
The best two-person sleeping bags is one of the essential outdoor gears for this pursuit. It enables a space-saving mechanism without compromising the warmth and coziness of you and your partner!
I do hope that you learned something from this guide. If you have questions or suggestions, you can shoot them in the comment section below.